The Government has brought into effect most of promises regarding ease of doing business as laid out in the Startup India Action Plan. Apart from getting their businesses registered in one-day, startups can now self-certify on labor-related statutory compliances.
Once a business is recognized as a startup, they will be allowed self-certification under the following Labor Laws:
- The Building and Other Constructions Workers’ (Regulation of Employment & Conditions of Service) Act, 1996
- The Inter-State Migrant Workmen (Regulation of Employment & Conditions of Service) Act, 1979
- The Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972,
- The Contract Labor (Regulation and Abolition) Act, 1970
- The Employees’ Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952
- The Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948
- The Industrial Disputes Act, 1947
- The Trade Unions Act, 1926
- The Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act, 1946
Web Platforms and Mobile App
A separate website has been designed for the purpose digitizing labor records and facilitating compliance for all employers. Startups can also use the same portal to generate their LIN and make compliance filings. On March 5, 2016, the Environment Ministry released new categories of industries. Industrial sectors with Pollution Index score of up to 20 (against earlier proposed 15) will fall under the “White” category and will not need environmental clearances.
Eurion Constellation helps businesses with various registrations and compliance procedures. Please visit our website for details about our full line of services or write to us.
The startup web portal is already functional, providing startup recognition registration, notifications, news, events information, and link to the Android based mobile application. For industrial licenses and business registrations, businesses need to register on the eBiz portal.